AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic ads search term report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, I am trying to generate a search term report for dynamic ads in order to see which search terms triggered them. When I go to auto targets tab and try to generate the report, no data is shown even when I choose 1 year time period. I have spoken to Google Support but they dont seem to know the answer. Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic ads search term report

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
If i am not wrong you can find the search terms for dynamic ads in the same place where you go to "details" column on keyword tab and select "search terms".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
but that will give me search terms for all ads, not just dynamic, no? I usually go via Auto Targets but it shows no data...

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
You currently have both ads mixed in an ad group?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I have an idea but it may not work. Just give it a try. Go to dimensions and select "search terms" and then click columns and select "keyword" from the attributes menu.

Meanwhile did Google found you of a solution?

Thanks,
Siva.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It doesnt work because it only tells search term for the keywords in the account...I need it for dynamic ads...

No one from Google came back with any solution...

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Ok, then we have to wait till someone gets back.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Craig B (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
Hello Admin U,

My name is Craig from AdWords and I am happy to assist you with the Dynamic Ads search term report. You are correct in that the Search Terms report for Dynamic Ads is found by going to the Auto Targets tab. Ensure you are completing the following steps:

1) Click on an ad group which contains the Dynamic Search Ads
2) Click on the Auto Targets tab (If the Auto Targets tab is not shown, there is a drop down arrow at the end of the column to display hidden tabs)
3) When you are in Auto Targets, make sure you are on View: Dynamic ad targets rather than View: Product targets
4) You will then click Search terms > All to pull up this data

If you are still seeing "Not enough data to show particular queries" yet you are seeing data on the auto target, you will notice the "Other search terms" row displays the data for terms that triggered your ads but that aren't listed individually in your "Search terms" table. Data appears in this row if you didn't receive any clicks on the term within the last 30 days and if the term wasn't entered by a significant number of people. Keep in mind, data for searches in the last 24 hours will always be in this row.

I hope this clarifies the issue for you and feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,

Craig

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Craig,

Thank you very much for your help.

I have tried what you suggested and no terms are listed in the table however I do see other search terms data (188 clicks, 1745 impressions for past 30 days). Should I then assume the term wasn't entered by a significant number of people?

Thanks

Kamila