AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Search Ads; Destination Url Problem

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I use dynamic search ads for my campaign. I found a url in google analytics as reporting like "http://www.privatehealthinsurance247.co.uk/family_health_insurance.html?keyword=_catSmiley Tonguerivatehealthinsu...". I had used keyword={keyword} in destination url for knowing the keyword report but i am not understading the keyword report. It says as keyword=_catSmiley Tonguerivatehealthinsurance247.co.uk as in reporting url. What does it mean? Plz. suggest me.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Search Ads; Destination Url Problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello akjha,

I don't know if you are using the method described in help center to keep track of the dynamically generated URLs from your dynamic ads. Refer to this article to see how you can use it for more insights:

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549100?hl=en&

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I had used keyword={keyword} value tracker for showing keyword but when it is clicked through the ads then it shows keyword=_catcolonprivatehealthinsurance.co.uk. I want to know what it is?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

I am assuming that it might be the keyword entered by the user while clicking your ad and reaching the website if you are using value track parameter and tracking the activity inside Google Analytics.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447?hl=en&

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi did you find a solution to this problem? I am noticing the same thing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am also having the same problem. pankaj1782 I don't think you understand the queestion. What we're saying is that all of our Landing Page reports are reporting the URL as the keyword, although it is possible someone might search for this, it's very unlikely.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Did you ever figure out why this is happening, we have a customer with the same issue and we really need to know what it is and Google is not helping out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Not yet, hoping the answer will come to this thread Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I highly doubt the keyword={keyword} value tracker would work when using it for Dynamic Search Ad Parameter as the DSA campaigns dont usually consist of any keywords and the value tracker would basically append the exact keyword in your account that triggered the ads.
You could check it out in your Google Analytics, under the specific campaign and choosing the Secondary dimension as keywords. You would find no specific keywords appearing for it.
The keyword={keyword} doesnt track the search terms, only keywords.
Hope this helps

Selvin K