AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Search Ad tracking parameters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am using dynamic search ads and would like to add URL parameters to my dynamic landing page URLs. If I edit an ad I get the following value in the destination URL field:

{unescapedlpurl}

As I understand it, this value will contain the URL that is generated dynamically when the ad is displayed. If I want to add parameters to this, can I simply add ?param1=value1 or should I add parameters starting with &? Example:

{unescapedlpurl}?param1=value1

or

{unescapedlpurl}&param1=value1

I would also like to know which Value Track parameters that are applicable for dynamic search ads.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Search Ad tracking parameters

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

You should add ?param1=value1, in case some of your landing pages already have a parameter, or if you use auto-tagging, the system is smart enough to replace the ? with a &.

As for valuetrack, you can use any paramater you find useful and which is designed for the search network. I use {keyword}, but that shows me either categories or dynamic ad targets, as no keywords are used for DSA, {adposition} and {creative}.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Calin,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that the dynamic URLs could lead to landing pages with existing parameters as well as pages without. 

Peter

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello. In that case the parameters you specify in the ad destination URL will just be appended to the already existing ones.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.