AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing Code/Audiences in Adwords/Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work with a client that has multiple Remarketing Audiences setup inside of Google Analytics. I plan to add the Dynamic Remarketing for that client. A website uses WooCommerce and Google Analytics code is added via the Wordpress plugin. I was planning to add the following code to the tracking code, but the existing plugin doesn't have that feature, so I would have to add this manually in code (which is not a big deal). 

ga('set', 'dimension1', dimensionValue); // REQUIRED Product ID value, e.g., 12345, 67890

ga('set', 'dimension2', dimensionValue); // Optional Page type value, e.g., home, cart, purchase

ga('set', 'dimension3', dimensionValue); // Optional Total value, e.g., 99.95, 5.00, 1500.00

I found that there are no WP plugins that allow adding these dimensions. My web developer says he would have to add it manually, recognize the type of pages, and pull the values from the code manually. 

So, we can have him do that or just install Wordpress Dynamic Remarketing Plugin. The plugin only works from Google Adwords Dynamic Remarketing, not Google Analytics Dynamic Remarketing. I guess if we do that, we would have to create dynamic remarketing audience inside of Google Adwords and it would not be inside of Google Analytics. 

Please advise how you would recommend approaching this. What are the advantages of having dynamic remarketing audience in Analytics vs Adwords and would it be ok to have some audiences inside of Analytics and Dynamic Remarketing Audience inside of Adwords? 

Thank you for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi, do you still need help with this query?

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, it would be great.