AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Insertion Number Code Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning!

I installed the AdWords phone conversion tracking on my clients' sites and it all looks right, but when I test the ad the number doesn't change.

I'm not particularly code-savvy, so I'm wondering if anyone can lend a hand.

The website is: http://denturesflorence.com

Thank you for your help.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Insertion Number Code Question

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

The phone number changes to a Google Forwarding number only when you reach the website through an ad click. Did you test it that way?

I've checked the code implementation through Tag assistant (I'd recommend using this to check tags) and it looks good. Screenshot here. I'd suggest checking conversion metrics to see if the tag is firing appropriately or clicking on the ad to see if the number switches to a GFN.

Feel free to write back!

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Now Media Group looks like you may have a class/Id mixup...

In the code snippet in the head, the code is looking for a class Name:

var e = document.getElementsByClassName("nmgNumber");

but in the body you've used an id:

<span class="onenumber" id="nmgNumber">843-751-4301</span>

Try using either getElementById or change the displayed number to use a class.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Jon, that's a good catch. I changed it, and I just visited the landing page through an ad, but the number didn't change.

I used the Tag Assistant extension too (thanks Sumanth) and that returns green. Still, the number isn't actually changing.

(Also, the base number is for sure a call extension on the ads too.)

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thats a good catch @Jon_Gritton,  I missed it when I had a look at the code too!

Also, I maybe wrong here, but doesnt it take time for call conversions to reflect on the AdWords interface? Could that be the issue here?

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Now Media Group as @ShroffS says, there is a time delay related to this code, so it may be worth checking again tomorrow or later.

It's also possible that there are other errors in the code - Tag Assistant being green may not pick up all possible problems.  It's worth going over it again with a fine comb to check.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits