AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Dropped conversion rate for 2 KW w/o any changes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Keyword report shows a significant drop in conversion rate for the 2 high-traffic keywords in the same adgroup.

The drop started around end may/start june and stayed after this. The impact is so big that it affects my whole campaign.

KW 1 dropped from 8.42 to 5.89 conversion rate (CTR from 8.37 to 8.61, position steady)

KW 2 dropped from 7.9 to 5.19 conversion rate  (CTR from 11.99 to 8.86, due to position drop from 2.0 to 2.8)

Both had 50+ conversion in period may-jun.

I made no changes to my account (ads, bids, etc.) between march-jul. Keywords in other ad groups are relatively steady in conversion rates.

What could cause this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dropped conversion rate for 2 KW w/o any changes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Christian,

Conversions happen on the website (most often). If you're confident that you're driving relevant traffic to your site, I would take a look at some conversion optimization on your landing pages/website.

No changes does not mean that you'll maintain results. Accounts need to constantly be maintained and nurtured. There could be some new/additional search volume that your keywords are capturing which in actuality are not or no longer relevant. Also, seasonality and competition could also have some impact on your results.

It's hard to pinpoint something here when you say nothing has changed. Try doing some research/analysis in your account and see what trends you can find.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’