AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

DoubleClick Ad Planner for finding placements/audiences/topics versus the AdWords tools?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Or is all the data in DoubleClick ad planner the same data that is in the tools found in the AdWords account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dogtown
September 2015

Re: DoubleClick Ad Planner for finding placements/audiences/topics versus the AdWords tools?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

I don't think the data is the same, and you can actually do some very useful research using DoubleClick. I love that you brought this up, because it's something I have been telling fellow marketers for a while.

I suggest using both to find a good mix of site stats and demographics / topics. DoubleClick is a great tool to reverse engineer placements that have already driven traffic to your site. You can simply copy and paste in some of your top traffic drivers. Then you can find similar websites, which you can subsequently add to your managed placements.

AdWords does a great job of getting bulk topics to drive traffic, but I like to use DoubleClick to help refine and better target your campaigns.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dogtown
September 2015

Re: DoubleClick Ad Planner for finding placements/audiences/topics versus the AdWords tools?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

I don't think the data is the same, and you can actually do some very useful research using DoubleClick. I love that you brought this up, because it's something I have been telling fellow marketers for a while.

I suggest using both to find a good mix of site stats and demographics / topics. DoubleClick is a great tool to reverse engineer placements that have already driven traffic to your site. You can simply copy and paste in some of your top traffic drivers. Then you can find similar websites, which you can subsequently add to your managed placements.

AdWords does a great job of getting bulk topics to drive traffic, but I like to use DoubleClick to help refine and better target your campaigns.