AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Does view through conversion play any role in campaign performance .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI 

I am working on Shopping campaign there i get a view through column . Does it play any role for campaign performance ?

If yes then what should we do for it because its 0 for all keywords .

Thanks 

Amit

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit Chauhan
September 2015

Re: Does view through conversion play any role in campaign performanc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Amit,

A View-Through Conversion occurs when a user gets exposed to one of your image or rich media ad creatives on Display Network but does not click on it. Later he/she comes to your website by any means other than AdWords and converts. This conversion gets accredited to View-Through Conversion. 

Such conversions do not impact your existing campaigns' performance.

It is also important to note that such conversions exclude your conversions inside AdWords. but are very helpful to better understand and measure your return on investment for your display campaigns and optimize your campaigns based on how users are responding to your display ads.

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit Chauhan
September 2015

Re: Does view through conversion play any role in campaign performanc

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Amit,

Like Ratan rightly said, View Through Conversions are conversions recorded from Users who were exposed to your image/rich media ad at some point of time but they never clicked on it. They later went to your website through some other medium but AdWords and converted there, this is when the original impression to the user is attributed this particular conversion.

If you look at it, in a way, it is helps you understand the impact of your AdWords campaign where although the user never converted by clicking on your ad on the first interaction but was made aware of your product and your brand. Now since this same user came to your website through a different medium and converted, it implies the your brand perception was maintained in the mind of your potential customer.

You can further understand the complete impact of your AdWords campaing by looking into the conversion path that the users take to finally convert on your website. This is available in analytics and is a very helpful tool to understand your campaigns full potential.

Here is a link to an AdWords help section on Conversion paths: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1191209?hl=en

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"