AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Does the Remarketing Tag track Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I ask this because our account is tracking conversions but i don't see the adwords conversion tracking code on the success page. I can only find the remarketing code that has a conversion id.

So is it the remarketing tag with this conversion id that is tracking the number of conversions as well as the conversion value? Or am i missing something?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does the Remarketing Tag track Conversions

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Simon,

What you had mentioned is possible and it is called as "piggybacks".

Implementing the conversion tag with the Remarketing List and tracking the conversions.

To learn more read this adwords help article : https://support.google.com/adxbuyer/answer/145733?hl=en

I hope this helps you

Thanks and Regards

John Paul

Re: Does the Remarketing Tag track Conversions

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Simon P,

The AdWords conversion code and remarketing code do look similar. You can use the conversion code as part of the remarketing list definition. In other words, the conversion code can create a remarketing list as well, but the remarketing code will not record a conversion.

To track the actual conversion value, replace the conversion_value value with the actual value of the sale. If all sales have the same value, this would be the default value of the conversion.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords