AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Does the Google Conversion Tracking work on Yahoo stores?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All! Woman Happy

I have had the Google Conversion Tracking script(?) on my Yahoo "thank you for your purchase" page for ages now and I'm not seeing any conversion data whatsoever. Woman Sad

This tells me that I have it set up wrong but I don't know how to do it with a Yahoo store and the "thank you" page.

Does it work?  And if it does can anyone tell me how to do it?

Thank you so much for any help!!

Diane

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does the Google Conversion Tracking work on Yahoo stores?

GDi Google Employee
Google Employee
# 2
GDi Google Employee
Google Employee
Hi Diane!

I found a few resources online that are not exactly encouraging.

One site says: "As of March 2010, the standard e-commerce implementation process will not work with Yahoo! stores. There are various companies that charge a monthly fee to integrate Yahoo! store e-commerce data and Google Analytics data." - source: http://www.getelastic.com/6-ecommerce-analytics-problems/

Another site says: "It seems that in order to do this, you need to know RTML, which is Yahoo's version of HTML used in their sites. They don't support it though, so in order to do this, you will either need to figure it out or hire someone. I wish I had a better answer for you." - source: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!searchin/analytics/analytics$20yahoo/analytics/untCgBHndiI/U...

And a third says: "if you are trying to use Google's free (and excellent) web analytics tool, Yahoo! will not allow it to work unless you have a Yahoo! merchant solutions account. They clearly want you to buy the Yahoo! tool." - source: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/analytics/discuss-tracking-and-implementation...

Does anyone else have experience with this issue, and have they been able to do this successfully?

Sorry I couldn't help solve the issue, but hope the above helps!

Best,
GDi

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Diane,

I know absolutely nothing about Yahoo stores! But I have a suggestion that might work (and it might not!). Return (include) just the image part of the script (the stuff between the noscript tags). This does not require any javascript to run on the browser. I have no idea how you would fill in the amount of the purchase, but if it's going on your thank you page, you can probably figure that out.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you GDi! Smiley Happy

I read through the links and then searched online and found some instructions but they might predate the time when Yahoo changed the ability to use the Adwords Conversion Tool.

I followed those instructions to see if it'll work.  I've had the tracking code in there forever and it did work for a while but then all of a sudden my conversion information stopped.  That may be when Yahoo changed it up.

I am getting SO frustrated with the Yahoo store system, it's driving me crazy...  It seems like there's very unfriendly competition between Yahoo and Google Woman Frustrated which bugs me because I very much believe in friendly competition.

Anyhow, off of my soapbox now... Woman Happy

Thank you for your help GDi!

I'll come back here and post as to whether or not it worked. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete!

Thank you! Woman Happy

As you've probably read in my above post that I just now posted I'm trying a set of instructions that I found online.  If they don't work then I'll definitely try your suggestion. Woman Happy

Thank you again and have a great day!!

Diane