AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Does switching campaign type lose data?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to switch a "standard" search campaign so that is enabled for "All features". Will this reset all the data in the campaign (like when you make a change to an Ad).

not sure as I have never changed a campaign type while it is running! Thanks! 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does switching campaign type lose data?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Nope!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Abbie

It is completely safe to switch campaign . The data will remain Intact .

All features campaigns provides more advanced targeting and traffic filtering options compared to standard type campaigns. And some of these advanced settings available only with All feature campaigns can have a big influences on your results.

However Switching between types may hide or expose some features and reports. Thats all , The Data would remain Intact.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hmm... This is interesting - I always use all features;

Google says:

>>"While you’re able to switch your campaign sub-type  from your campaign settings, we don’t recommend doing so as you may inadvertently hide some features and reports that you're currently using."

And:

>>"Want to use a feature that isn’t available with your campaign’s current type? Consider creating a new campaign with the appropriate type and then importing your existing ad groups into that new campaign with AdWords Editor."

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6080593?rd=1

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Abbie,

As Moshe said above, I also prefer selecting campaign with all features enabled because for the Standard campaign subtype, you are limited with certain features which cannot be controlled.

But yes switching from Standard to All features in your case, shouldn't erase the history of clicks and other important metrics. Rather you will get more flexibility in terms of ad scheduling, IP exclusions etc...which you were not getting in the standard subtype.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Abbie,

I would suggest instead of switching the campaign type or subtype, you should replicate the whole campaign and run it with all features and see the difference in statistics you are recording over time.

You can then take a call if the shift will actually help you or will it take your KPI's in the other direction.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"