AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Does remarketing code conflict with conversion tracking code if both are used on one page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does AdWords remarketing code conflict with AdWords conversion tracking code if you have both codes on one page?

Will they both work?

Will only one work?

Will they both not work?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Does remarketing code conflict with conversion tracking code if both are used on one page?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to the community.

The 2 codes can live happily on the same page and they will both work.

They have separate functions and don't interfere with each other.

It's common to have them on the same page as you might wat to remarket to people who have already converted.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Re: Does remarketing code conflict with conversion tracking code if both are used on one page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply.

What if it's the old remarketing code? The old code used to look identical to the AdWords conversion tracking code?

Google have since updated the remarketing code so that it pulls from doubleclick instead of googleadservices.com and it has some additional parameters.

For example, if you had two different AdWords conversion tracking codes on the same page, would they really both work? 

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

HI Aaron,

When the code is generated, it has unique id's that control what they do and collect.

There are valid reasons for having multiple conversion codes on one page and as long as the code is separate, they all work on their own.

You might have 3 points of contact with 3 separate thank you pages so you can track them individually. But, you might also want to add another "all converters" tracking code which would go on all 3 thank you pages so you can track totals as well.

The same goes for the remarketing code, they can have multiple purposes.

Re: Does remarketing code conflict with conversion tracking code if bo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, I have a conversion tag and a remarketing tag.
they have the same conversion ID code.
what should I do? will be conflict?

thank you

Re: Does remarketing code conflict with conversion tracking code if bo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Giovanni,

There will be no conflict or whatsoever, but code will live happily together.