AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Does mention of phone number in ad help?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

My clients are in support services. Everybody is using "Call now ...." in the third line.

Is it really of any use?

I guess customer almost always clicks and after landing decides to call on the number displayed on the site.

That means we could use this line to improve the quality score of the ad and save money.

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Does mention of phone number in ad help?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

As mentioned above, you can use call extensions for this. However, before you do that, you should identify if you can use a dedicated number that would only be used for PPC. The main issue that you can face without a dedicated number is that you won't be able to know how many calls were generated due to your efforts.

Google allows advertisers to use a feature called call metrics where it puts a forwarding number and gives you details about the calls but that feature is only available in the US for the moment.

If you have a dedicated number, then you can turn call extensions on in a matter of minutes. If not, you should probably identify a tracking mechanism or look into call tracking tools that are available online (these would cost additional money as well though) and then move forward as doing so without having a clear ability to track might lead to a situation wherein you have spent x amount of money on these ads without knowing how much returns they've generated for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nikhil 

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

There are no fixed rules but here are things you can try

1. Use call extension rather than havint phone in ad copy

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454052

2. Create a diffrent campaign for mobile devices and measure the results of the both for sometime then decide

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi utilitiesindia,

Yes, You are right. In some instances visitors will call only if they find good Prices/Deals on your landing page. "Call Now" Call to Action really helps for the the clients like support services.

You can also try experimenting "Call to Action" phrases vs Call extensions. 

Call extentions really helps for the returning visitors as they will really search for the contact numbers instead of the deals/prices on the Landing page.

Hope this helps

Raghu

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Call extension like phone number appear when accessing using mobile phones. Is phone number extension of any use to those on Laptop/Computer?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Use this Link to get more about Call extensions.

If you enable call extenssions u will have to give your number in call extensions. When ever a user searches for a keyword Google will show the Call number to the Visitor under the Headline.

Here is how the the ad Look like in Mobile,

Hope this helps

Raghu

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

As mentioned above, you can use call extensions for this. However, before you do that, you should identify if you can use a dedicated number that would only be used for PPC. The main issue that you can face without a dedicated number is that you won't be able to know how many calls were generated due to your efforts.

Google allows advertisers to use a feature called call metrics where it puts a forwarding number and gives you details about the calls but that feature is only available in the US for the moment.

If you have a dedicated number, then you can turn call extensions on in a matter of minutes. If not, you should probably identify a tracking mechanism or look into call tracking tools that are available online (these would cost additional money as well though) and then move forward as doing so without having a clear ability to track might lead to a situation wherein you have spent x amount of money on these ads without knowing how much returns they've generated for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nikhil 

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

I really like the way you think Nikhil. Smiley Happy

I love talking about phone calls in relation to adwords advertising, but befor I bore you, I completely agree with Nikhil - Start with a dedicated adwords phone line, if you can. The only way you can really verify calls from adwords, and the value of those calls is by having a dedicated adwords phone line.

If you want to discuss anything adwords phone call related I'm on board. Whether call now in the ad really "helps" or not depends on the goal of the advertising. Is the goal to get a phone call? By what means do most of your sales occur - over the phone, online, in a retail location?

Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Tom Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Call Metrics does have some reporting that can be found under the Dimensions tab > Call Details dropdown. You can get the duration (second) and the callers area code as well as some other somewhat helpful metrics like date and time of call. So you can identify if calls over a certain time threshold as a certified lead and then match that up with date/time info of incoming calls into your office you can make some educated decisions on those calls and if they are generating leads/sales. If you have an incredibly high volume of calls then it could be a bit messy.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'