AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Does auto-tagging happen on ads that you don't have in GA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If my final URL is not in a GA account,  does adwords still append tracking on these domains?   or only the ones that are setup and linked in GA?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2016

Re: Does auto-tagging happen on ads that you don't have in GA?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kevin,

Auto tagging is a simple feature which let's you connect AdWords with Google Analytics. Once it is enabled, you are able to review all the campaign stats in your Google Analytics account as well. This actually helps in deep diving and analysing the user behaviour at deeper level. More details here:- https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033981?hl=en#how-auto-tagging-works

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kevin,

Auto tagging is a simple feature which let's you connect AdWords with Google Analytics. Once it is enabled, you are able to review all the campaign stats in your Google Analytics account as well. This actually helps in deep diving and analysing the user behaviour at deeper level. More details here:- https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033981?hl=en#how-auto-tagging-works

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks,

But does it add any tracking parameters to URLs that I don't have in Google analytics?

I don't want those modified, only the ones from GA.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Kevin,

Can you clarify whether the final URL you are using in AdWords, does it have necessary GA property associated with us? And if yes, is it linked back to AdWords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a mix of URLs. Some have GA and are linked,. Others I don't have GA. Those URLs I want to make sure are not modified.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
If your URL is not associated with any GA, that won't be tracked back in the analytics interface. On the other hand, if URLs are linked to GA and AdWords with autotagging on, those would be reflected back in the GA interface.