AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Does anyone know of Google Conversion Tracking is Real Time ??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone know of Google Conversion Tracking is Real Time ??

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does anyone know of Google Conversion Tracking is Real Time ??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi johntemmel and welcome to the forum.  As far as I'm aware, none of the Adwords statistics are even close to real time.  I believe data within the Adwords interface is around 2-3 hours delayed from reality, although those stats do appear to change after that time.  I always recommend that you don't "use" data that's less than 24 hours old so that it has time to include any alterations or checks.

Google Analytics does have a "real-time" interface though I believe it's still in Beta testing and may not be available to everyone.  However, I don't know if this real-time data includes Goals (the Analytics "version" of Conversions).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi johntemmel,

To follow Jon, I would recommend you to read this article and understand how your account statistics are calculated and updated everyday. Data in Adwords is not real time and there's always some amount of delay in that.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

In my experience AdWrods conversions (i.e. conversions triggered by AdWords code snippets on the target pages) run at the same time as AdWords data. This isn't reall, real time - but for what passes for it in AdWords - generally a couple of hours or so delay. However, these seem to be in time with AdWords - so as the traffic is reporting in AdWords, so too are conversions alongside from that traffic.

AdWords conversions that have been imported from Analytics, however, have a much greater time lag. If you have imported a goal (for example, a visit to a thank you page) from Analytics, you will likely see anything from 24 to (my personal record) 72 hours for that to show up in Adwords.

I generally make sure I omit data from the most recent 48 hours (minimum) from my reports for this reason.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good to know. Was looking for this info.Thanks