AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Does DFA and GDN have same hierarchy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to merge GDN reports with DFA Reports?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Does DFA and GDN have same hierarchy?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Girish a,

Yes you are correct, there is a different hierarchy between GDN and DFA
For example to have a breakdown on sites within GDN is not possible with DFA. In DFA, GDN is a network as a whole.
As DFA is an ad serving platform, the placement in DFA is defined by the advertiser according to the media plan. However, GDN is not a portal like Yahoo, CNN, Facebook, etc.
For each placement under GDN, there are lots of websites.
Adwords will control the actual website placements for your GDN but not DFA.

And for your additional info, when we track the report from GDN on AdWords dashboard and DFA dashboard, sometimes the discrepancies happens.
And honestly i have no idea to explain this issue too, anyone can help Smiley Very Happy ?

Thanks

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi girish a, 

I'm not sureI understand your question. Which hierarchy are you referring to? Can you please elaborate? 

Thanks, 

Mini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mini,

Like lets say
In DFA: Account - > Campaign -> Ad -> Creative -> Site -> Page\Placement
In GDN: Account -> Campaign -> Ad Group -> Ad -> Page\Placement\Keyword

I do see Display ads in DFA have different hierarchy than GDN like Adgroup doesn't exist in DFA where Site is nothing but page in GDN.

Am I mapping right?

Thanks,
Girish
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Girish a,

Yes you are correct, there is a different hierarchy between GDN and DFA
For example to have a breakdown on sites within GDN is not possible with DFA. In DFA, GDN is a network as a whole.
As DFA is an ad serving platform, the placement in DFA is defined by the advertiser according to the media plan. However, GDN is not a portal like Yahoo, CNN, Facebook, etc.
For each placement under GDN, there are lots of websites.
Adwords will control the actual website placements for your GDN but not DFA.

And for your additional info, when we track the report from GDN on AdWords dashboard and DFA dashboard, sometimes the discrepancies happens.
And honestly i have no idea to explain this issue too, anyone can help Smiley Very Happy ?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I beleive this might be because of handling duplicates..I have seen duplicates in DFA where as Adwords have very clear algorithm to filter duplictates.