AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Does Adwords` "Detailed Forecast" show really stats?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I filled the adwords` "detailed forecast" graphs. I chose 8 keywords where I want to advertise my site. Entered "Max CPC - 0.02" and it showed, that in one month with this cpc ( 0.02$) and budget( $852 ) I`ll get ~42,000 clicks and 4,100,000 impression with "Average Position" - 3.44. How really is it and how much is the possible to get such results?

http://prntscr.com/c09lks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gun G
August 2016

Re: Does Adwords` "Detailed Forecast" show really stats?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Gun G

Well... Relative to the current bids on AdWords, Unless you chose really rare words, I would  question that you can bid at 2 cents... Long gone the days that that bid was real Smiley Surprised

Yet, numbers are shown, because this is   a statistical estimate modeling that also shows "theoretical estimates", though with current competition are unlikely to happen.

Also like an any statistical estimate it has a margin or error  which sometimes could be (very) broad, if the system doesn't have enough sampling size (i.e.  History of impressions and clicks on your campaign and on your past campaigns). So, in your case, it could be  that the error itself is much higher than the bid.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gun G
August 2016

Re: Does Adwords` "Detailed Forecast" show really stats?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Gun G

Well... Relative to the current bids on AdWords, Unless you chose really rare words, I would  question that you can bid at 2 cents... Long gone the days that that bid was real Smiley Surprised

Yet, numbers are shown, because this is   a statistical estimate modeling that also shows "theoretical estimates", though with current competition are unlikely to happen.

Also like an any statistical estimate it has a margin or error  which sometimes could be (very) broad, if the system doesn't have enough sampling size (i.e.  History of impressions and clicks on your campaign and on your past campaigns). So, in your case, it could be  that the error itself is much higher than the bid.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’