AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Does AdWords have something like "custom dimension" as we have in Analytics for reporting

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, 

I'll try to explain what we want. We have different forms. When the users fill them they go to Thank-You page and we get a conversion. But we would like to identify which form is getting better conversions.

In Analytics we implemented something like that, using custom dimensions. But we would like to know if it's possible to do it in AdWords reporting.

Thanks,  

Re: Does AdWords have something like "custom dimension" as we have in Analytics for report

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Oscar,

If you want to test 2 different Form on one landing page and Form placement is same on the landing page then i will recommend to create 2 landing page (A & B) with same layout and use one form on A LP and one form on B LP and test this.

Please let us know if you have any query on this.

Thanks,
Anand

Re: Does AdWords have something like "custom dimension" as we have in Analytics for report

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Oscar M,

This is simple but you have to take help with your web developer:- 

What you have to do. You have to pass a custom variable in your thanks page script.

For example:-

$MESSAGE_BODY = "Name: ".$_POST["name"]."<br>";
$MESSAGE_BODY .= "Email: ".$_POST["email"]."<br>";
$MESSAGE_BODY .= "Phone: ".$_POST["phone"]."<br>";
$MESSAGE_BODY.="IP Address:" .$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']."<br>"; 

Name, Phone, Email as we use in our landing page as a text field (box). We pass one custom parameter for IP address, for doing this this script itself fetch customer IP address. 

Now point is you have to verify page and custom parameter.

In page A _ use or pass custom parameter

$MESSAGE_BODY.="Page A:" .$_ASK_YOUR_DEVELOPER_PASS_VERIABLE_HERE"<br>";

In page A _ use or pass custom parameter

$MESSAGE_BODY.="Page B:" .$_ASK_YOUR_DEVELOPER_PASS_VERIABLE_HERE"<br>"

Thanks

Ashwani Kumar

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Oscar,
You can create 2 conversion code and fire 1 of them based on which form user submitted which should be document.referrer.
In your adwords reporting you can segment report by conversion name and get data about which form page is giving you how many leads.
Hope this helps
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks @Anand Kumar. In this case, all forms are in different LP, one LP per form. The issue is they get into the same Thank-You page. What we need is using the same conversion (we want to keep conversion data merged) separate it by form in a report.

@Ashwani Kumar thanks for your answer. I understand the code, but I don't understand if we are sending that data to AdWords.

@theniks thanks. I just want to confirm if I understood your suggestion. The idea is to have 2 conversions code. One of them will fire always and the other one will fire if it's Form A, for example? If that is true, what happens if we have 30 forms?

Thanks every one, 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oscar M
August 2016

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi
Theoretically you can have 30 goals and your code can be a switch case looking for the document.referrer and firing the relevant code based on that.
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog