AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Do you need 15 conversions every month for conversion optimizer?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone,

From what I understand, in order to use conversion optimizer you need to have at least 15 conversions within the month. Is this a one time goal only, or do you continually need to have 15 conversions on average each month?

Right now we have a complex eCommerce application process. Our application is iFramed, so my analytics goals can only reach the first page of the application. We do have the adwords conversion code embedded in the iFramed "thank you" page, and during testing we see segmentation. 

I previously had engagement goals, like time on page or pages visited which increased the amount of goals dramatically. So, now I am pausing those since I want to focus on actual online application goals or at least viewing of the first page of the application.

I will definitely notice conversion going down, cost per conversions going up and conversion rates going down. That is fine as long as I don't need 15 conversion every month. We are still testing our pages and I am not sure I will be able to make those goals every month, especially after the engagement goals are paused.

If we do need an avg. 15 every month, I can go back to enhanced CPC, but I like the cost savings of Conversion Optimizer as it does not spend quickly and I tend to get better results.

Thanks,

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Frisco C
September 2015

Re: Do you need 15 conversions every month for conversion optimizer?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Frisco, further to the reply you've already received, that yes, you need to maintain that frequency and number of conversions, I would suggest that you treat 15 as an absolute minimum for using the Conversion Optimisation setting.  Conversion Optimiser works better the more data it has so while the minimum requirement may only be one conversion every 2 days or so, it'll work much much better with 10 conversions a day.

If you do choose to use this setting, I'd advise you keep a close eye on the results as it may be you'll get better performance with a more manual approach until your conversion numbers pick up.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Frisco,

First I would like to update that conversion optimizer works on your past conversion history and display url of the ads.

Yes when you enabled you need only 15 conversion in last 30 days but after it works on your past conversion history, as AdWords system require the history of the campaigns so that it optimize your campaigns withing the assigned CPA..

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Frisco C
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Frisco, further to the reply you've already received, that yes, you need to maintain that frequency and number of conversions, I would suggest that you treat 15 as an absolute minimum for using the Conversion Optimisation setting.  Conversion Optimiser works better the more data it has so while the minimum requirement may only be one conversion every 2 days or so, it'll work much much better with 10 conversions a day.

If you do choose to use this setting, I'd advise you keep a close eye on the results as it may be you'll get better performance with a more manual approach until your conversion numbers pick up.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I agree with Jon. You should try to focus more on the manual enhanced CPC bidding option. If you plan on doing little to no observation and trust Google to do it all. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks everyone. I will focus more on enhanced CPC. I just dont have that much time to work on this plus my other activities. Also my budget is extremely low. 

But, it is good to know that I would need a 15 minimum each month. I definitely know I wont get it know that I removed the engagement goals. Those became top heavy, lots of engagement, but no purchases. Now, I just need to focus on other issues related to the sales funnel we have.

Thanks.