AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Do all clicks get counted?

FHC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
FHC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Are clicks to links in marginal content counted? ...or do only main content links get counted? We use a lot of right side navigation where visitors will click through. If these aren't counted in the CTR or Ad Words, then reports may need to be interpreted differently, depending on page navigation, as would page development strategies.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do all clicks get counted?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi FHC,

I'm not sure what your question is. For AdWords reports, the only click that is counted is the one on the ad.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

FHC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
FHC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I should have clarified that I'm looking at organic search results in Analytics Queries. My Apology for the confusion.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi FHC,

Are you looking at the in-page analytics?

In general, Analytics does not count clicks on your internal links, it counts page views. A page view will be counted if the GA code is on the page. You can track clicks that do not go to real pages, aka event tracking.

This forum is for AdWords and does deal with Analytics issues as related to AdWords. But you would get much better help on other Analytics issues from the Analytics forum.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords