AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Do ads get deleted after we upgrade to final url?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords did not automatically upgrade my urls from destination urls to final urls although I don't have a tracking code. I tried to copy one of the Ad Groups but it didn't permit that because the urls are not upgraded yet.

When I tried to upgrade them manually to be able to copy ad groups, the ad was removed and replaced with a new one. It would be a disaster of all ads were deleted due to a change in url!

Please advise.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do ads get deleted after we upgrade to final url?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

It's not about the upgraded URLs here. If you edited any of your ad in the past also, it's more or less like a fresh new ad copy, where you lose all your historical stats.

So one work around could be that you don't edit the ads, but rather add keyword level Final URLs. Doing this would prevent all the ads to be edited.

I agree that copy pasting doesn't work because of this Final URL changes. This announcement was made long ago and the deadline was June 30. So ultimately you might have to go for the new ad copies.But at this point of time, if your URLs are automatically not upgraded, I would suggest going for keyword level Final URLs.

EDIT: IF you use the Automated upgrade method or Basic upgrade method, your historical stats would remain while implementing Upgrade URLs.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rana Q
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rana!

If you will use Upgrade Destination URLs option from Edit menu on Ads tab your original ads will stay untouched.
This option will change only url scheme from destination to final.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It worked. Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Tomasz_C is bang on here. If you select all your ads and then edit them to simply upgrade, you will retain all your historical stats. Once you do that, you can easily use the bulk editing option to copy paste the ads you want.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You are right, I upgraded all urls and ads did not get deleted.
Thanks.