AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Do I need to upgrade my destination URLs to final URLS?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm confused by the switch from destination URLs to final URLS. If the only tracking we use is UTM codes, do we need to do anything to "upgrade?" 

Thanks in advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2016

Re: Do I need to upgrade my destination URLs to final URLS?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Katie B

yes, because the destination URL is technically retired.  Since you're not using the more technical features of Final URL, you'll see that there really isn't any difference in the way you'll use it.  I think you'll eventually be automatically upgraded, so it won't hurt you to do it now.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Katie B

yes, because the destination URL is technically retired.  Since you're not using the more technical features of Final URL, you'll see that there really isn't any difference in the way you'll use it.  I think you'll eventually be automatically upgraded, so it won't hurt you to do it now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If I will be automatically upgraded anyway, do I actually need to go in and manually change them then? Will my current destination URLs just become my final URLs?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Katie,

The majority of automated upgrades happened last summer, so if you still have Destination URLs in your account, you will likely need to log in and take steps to upgrade them yourself. Here's the full resource on the URL migration.

Hope this helps,
Cassie