AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Do I need to change language value in conversion code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I generate a conversion code with my account, the language setting is English. If I want to embed it in a russian page. Do I need to change value of language form en to ru?

/* <![CDATA[ */
var google_conversion_id = ;
var google_conversion_language = "en"; -> "ru"

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

And while we are at it, I would like to know what the purpose of having a color is?

var google_conversion_color = "ffffff";

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Raymond L,

Yes, you can change it to ru. If you are Russian, you might enjoy using the AdWords Advertiser Community for that country. They would be able to give more concise answers related to your local. 

@RobSkelton, the tracking pixel is created and stored in the hex color fff, which is white. It is 1x1 pixel in size and the color white, which makes it the least visible to most. It can be changed the webpage's background color. 

As a web developer, white if often used for stuff like this. 

Kind Regards,

James

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Thanks James,

So that begs the question, why does the pixel need a language?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @RobSkelton,

You are very welcome. 

I would say that the pixel does not needs the language... but your conversion data/account does.

Most of the conversion tracking code can be altered for specific use. Unfortunately, I am not skilled enough in this precise area to dig too deep into the details... and only know what I have learned or what was taught to me. Hopefully, this info helps... and someone deeper in the know can provide more on this subject (I am all ears) for us all.

I will try to spend some time over the weekend digging into all of this now that I am even more intrigued to know more. 

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Clemens!