AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Do I lose conversion data if I edit an ad?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

I recently had to edit all ads in a campaign because I was experiencing a GCLID issue. The link being used in the ads was taking web users to a page that redirected. I had to edit the link in the ad but now I seem to have lost all previous conversions. Before making the edit I saw an AdWords message saying I could see historical data/conversions but cant remember where.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rafael L
March 2017

Re: Do I lose conversion data if I edit an ad?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Rafael L

When you edit an ad, you are essentially deleting it and creating a new one.  You can still see the performance data of the previous version by changing the ad view to "All." By default it is set to "All but removed."  Here is a screenshot that illustrates what I am talking about: 

all_ads.gif

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Correct;

I would suggest to pause those ads and write new ones.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rafael L
March 2017

Re: Do I lose conversion data if I edit an ad?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Rafael L

When you edit an ad, you are essentially deleting it and creating a new one.  You can still see the performance data of the previous version by changing the ad view to "All." By default it is set to "All but removed."  Here is a screenshot that illustrates what I am talking about: 

all_ads.gif

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks a lot. I learned my lesson!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yep, that's what I usually do. Not sure where my head was for this particular instance. Thanks a lot!