AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Do I have to link new AdWords campaigns to Analytics each time I create one?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If the website (that is tracked in Analytics) is the same for all of my AdWords campaigns, do I have to link each campaign as I create them in Analytics or should that be automatic? I'm not seeing a week old AdWords campaign showing up in Analytics.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Nicole M

To make sure I understand, you are asking if each campaign you create in AdWords (and not account) needs to be linked to a google analytics account? You only need to link an AdWords account with a Google Analytics account, all the campaigns contained within a single AdWords account will automatically be tracked appropriately. Keep in mind that not using the auto-tagging setting for url tracking may cause issues with Analytics attributing user activity correctly to individual campaigns.

let me know if this helps!

Nick

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Nicole M

Once you have linked your adwords account to analytics you dont have to link campaigns to it. it works automatically. 

regards,

Zaby

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does it take a certain amount of time to show up? I enabled an AdWords campaign a week ago and it's not showing up in Analytics. To be clear, I only had one campaign (that is showin up in Analytics) and three others that are not. One of the three was enabled a week ago and the other two were enabled yesterday. Thanks!