AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Distinguishing real clicks from fraud on mobile devices (using mobile networks)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I monitor the IP addresses that click my ads using several methods, however I notice a high number of clicks coming from the same IP addresses that are specifically linked to mobile servers such as T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, etc. I'm wondering that since many people are able to use the same IP address when on their cell phone using data, it may not be fraud. Am I right, and if so, is there a way to distinguish if they are fraudulent or not. I also noticed that even though I exclude these IP addresses from my campaigns, I still get AD clicks from them (not organic). Thank you for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

I recall readings in some blogs that -  depending on the mobile network architecture - mobile operators could share external IP of users connected to the same tower.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Distinguishing real clicks from fraud on mobile devices (using mobile networks)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What are external IP's?

Sent from my iPhone

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The IP shown externally to others 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’