AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Dissaproved ads should have a reason, or at highlight the ad area in question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had an ad which continously was dissaproved but I had no clue as to why. After several iterations - changing the subject line from dynamic to a static one, some content changes, etc and still noticing it was dissaproved I noticed that my ad URL was www.themothercompany.com instead of www.aquiredcompany.com. Now, on my landing page it clearly stated:

Aquired Company

a Mother Company company

I bet the ad approver didn't see this, but how to explain if I have no idea who approves my ads? Also, it would be helpful to have a reason for the dissaproval instead of us guessing what might have happened, not a customer friendly process and ultimately we are paying money for this tool ... Friendly nudge.

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Dissaproved ads should have a reason, or at highlight the ad area in question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey

The general rule of thumb is that your ad or keyword destination URL must match the domain of the eventual and final destination of the clicker. Even if it's a domain that your parent company owns - it doesn't matter. Domain for domain, eye for an eye, it has to be the exact same.

Now you know for future Smiley Happy

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Re: Dissaproved ads should have a reason, or at highlight the ad area in question

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Gabriela,

To be on the safer side, you could go through the Display URL Policy link here, so that in future whenever you create ads, you adhere to the policy and your ad doesn't get disapproved.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Gabriela, I'll admit I'm not entirely certain what your question is.  Are you saying your ads were disapproved because of a mis-match between Display and Destination URL, or something else?

Sorry for not understanding.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits