AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Display network clicks not listed by keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My total clicks shows 67 clicks, 65 of those coming from the display network.  Individual keywords only show 2 clicks.  Is there any way to see which keywords triggered the display network clicks I got?  Also: is there any way to change a campaign to be search only (vs display network) after it's been created?  I am trying to find optimal keywords, but the display network is not being super helpful, due to dissociating keywords.

I assume they do this because people might search for multiple terms in your list, but it would still be nice to know which keywords are getting results, and where I should be spending my money.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bailey P
September 2015

Re: Display network clicks not listed by keyword

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi BaIley P,

The Display Network does not report keyword activity on the keywords tab. There is no search involved with the DN, only content on the page. Activity can not be attributed directly to a keyword.

Yes, you can change your campaign to search only, which I recommend you do. Go to the Settings tab for the campaign. If you still wish to advertise on the DN, do so in a separate campaign.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@petebardo ;

Hi Pete;

Though I don't use this targeting method anymore (proved to be not much effective),  I think that since the introduction if the new display network tab you can bid on specific keywords and see their  performances (per keyword).  The system identifies the "leading keyword" (within a set of keywords that work collectively as a theme) and this"leading KW"   is considered to be the KW triggered the ad - Thus, you can get a reporting on CTR and clicks on DN. (If using keywords targeting)

From the documentation:

>>"Increase your cost-per-click (CPC) bids for those keywords that are performing well to help you be more competitive. Keep in mind that if you'd like to set a bid at the keyword level, there should be no Display Network bid set for the ad group."

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497680?hl=en

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Moshe,

Yes, that is true. I did not want to confuse the OP with this additional information as it will not address his question, which is about keywords on the Keyword tab, not keywords within the Display tab. Even if you do add keywords on the Display tab, the DN clicks will still report on the Keywords tab, but none of those clicks will be attributable to any keyword listed on the Keyword tab.

This is starting to confuse me. I hope I did not just confuse the OP.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords