AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Display ads-Retargeting tracking

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have 2 Adwords campaigns, one Retargeting-text ads campaign which converts very well and an other, Retargeting-Display ads, which gets impressions but no conversions. This is extremly odd. Could you help me with some sugestions ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display ads-Retargeting tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

For Display or image ads, it is important to understand that you need to bid higher as compared to regular text ads on Display Network and your image ad has to win the ad auction to get the ad displayed on required domain which you have chosen for re-marketing.

Additionally, I would also emphasize on the fact of View Through Conversion for these ads because sometimes you get a view through conversion and not a click through conversion for them. And to check that, make sure you have View through Conversion column enabled in your stats. It happens for me as well where I tend to get more View through Conversions for Display ads as compared to regular click conversion.

Apart from that, Display ads which you have created should synchronize in terms of color combination on the domains you are re-targeting. You can take the help of Display ad builder to create custom display ads.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.  My team use for reports click through conversions, so they want to see conversions there. We have views, but we have 0 conversions for this campaign and we think this is a very strange  case.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Are you using any placements targeting methods?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We discovered the problem. The results of this campaign are somehow redirected to Retargeting campain.

Thank you

Rares