AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network Totals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up my first display network a couple weeks ago. I was looking at my totals in a couple different spots in the campaign and they are all different. I do not have any experiments running. On the placements tab the Total-Placement and Total-All is different. When I look under the ad group tab its a different total than either of the totals on the placement tab. I would like to know why this is happening and if there is a way to fix it. 

Re: Display Network Totals

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Lance,

Can you provide screenshots - it will be much more easier to help.

Best Regards.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Lance, how are things?

Let's try to figure this out.

@Lance C wrote:

On the placements tab the Total-Placement and Total-All is different

The "Total-Placement" is the total results for the tab "Placements" you have selected under "Display Network" tab.

The "Total-All" line is regarding the total results from the WHOLE account, including other campaigns.

If you have more then one campaign running and other type like Search Network, that's why you're seeing different results between those two and that's normal. In this case they will never match. They would only match if you had just this one Display campaign.

@Lance C wrote:

When I look under the ad group tab its a different total than either of the totals on the placement tab. I would like to know why this is happening and if there is a way to fix it. 

If you have your campaign running only for Display Network and not that "Search Network with Display Select", that could happen if you have selected more then one type of segmentation, like running Placements and Keywords at the same time.

You can check this by selecting your campaign level (not the ad group) and going under "Display Network" > "Summary". On this Summary you will have boxes indicating where your traffic are coming from Display, and if you have anything other then "Placements" and "Demographic" (like "keywords" in addition), that's what's causing the different.

If that doesn't sort your problem, provide us some prints from what you're finding strange and we'll try to help Smiley Happy

_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I only have one display network only campaign in the account. No other campaigns in the account at all.  I do have other targeting methods like keywords and topics. I was told by a google rep that the placements tab should show every place the ads showed on the display network so the totals should match on the placements tab if I don't have experiments running.

On the summary tab the total at the top does match the ad group tab totals.

I am having issues attaching screen shots. They keep getting deleted out of my reply.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The Total-All line and the Total-Display line have matching totals. But the total in the Total-All line & the Total-Display is smaller than the total listed in the Total-Placements line. If the totals were different because of the different targeting wouldnt the Total-All & Total-Display line total be larger than the Total-Placements number? Also shouldnt the Total-All or Total-Display total match the Totals for the campaign since all i have is the one display network only campaign?