AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network Managed placements not showing click,cost... info

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have some "Managed Placements" in two campaigns in one campaign the click, cost etc information is displayed for each individual domain but in the other the information only shows in the totals row at the bottom.

The only difference I can see is that in the settings the first campaign "Bidding and budget" is set to "Focus on clicks" whereas in the second it is set to "Focus on conversions". Would this be the reason why?

Or why doesn't the information show in the second case?

Thanks
Mike

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display Network Managed placements not showing click,cost... info

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Mike.

No, bidding has nothing to do with that. Give the system a bit of time, look at yesterday's data, for instance, and that should be pretty much complete. Don't try to see fresh clicks, because they are not available.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for responding,

but I have given it some time, these particular instances have been in "Managed placements" for over a week but have no individual information but there is lots of info in the totals row at the bottom.

I don't get it.

Thanks

Mike

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you're running both automatic and managed placements, there are situations when your ads do not show on those websites (the managed ones) for various reasons, but they do show on automatic placements.

If you expand the automatic placements do you see anything over there?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes in the "Automatic placements"  there are over 11,000 sites for the last 30 days!  All showing some data.

And my "Managed placement" site does  appear in the "Automatic placements" and shows data against it but for different Ad groups but not for the Ad group i'm using in the "Managed placement"

I guess the problem lies with that Ad group, but it looks ok, with very similar ads to other Ad groups.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
That means you already have ads showing on that site, with some history, and the system picks those to display.

Hopefully that site can be targeted individually (there are publishers who so not accept to be targeted directly).

Go to all ad groups using automatic placements and use the manual placement as an exclusion, leaving only the ad group with the managed placement capable of displaying ads there.

If it does not work like that, try raising the bids slightly. If it's still not showing ads, and neither are other ad groups with automatic placements (meaning you've excluded it in all the right places) you may be out of luck.