AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network Conversions only recording in Analytics, not AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As per the title:

My Google Analytics shows ten paid conversions - 5 from search network ads, 5 from the GDN.

However my linked AdWords account only shows 5 conversions from the same period of time - 5 from search network ads. None anywhere else.

Both campaigns lead to the same conversion actions; It's a simple lead generation website, with a Contact Form, phone number and email tracking. You can see it here: http://www.murraystreeservices.com.au/. So there's nothing complicated about the conversion implementation. I should also mention that all conversion actions were created in Analytics and imported into AdWords.

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display Network Conversions only recording in Analytics, not AdWor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Joe,
In AdWords, do you have unique or multiple conversion actions as your conversion type set?
I know it might seem unlikely but there is a chance that the conversions are from the same source. In this case, with AdWords set to "unique conversions", you'd see what you're experiencing.

If this is not the case and you are only tracking unique conversions you might want to examine other reasons.

1) Are you manually tagging your display campaign URLs? Are you using a tracking template? This could be stripping the conversion attribution GCLID tag from the URL.

2) Is your web server stripping the GCLID URL parameter from the URL?

If none of these seem to be the cause, I'd suggest that you have a look at real time analytics and see if you can identify what clicks in particular (maybe testing yourself) are causing the issue and working backwards from there.