AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Display Channel traffic from google / cpc with no Display campaigns

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I am wondering how there is Display traffic in my GA account when I am not running any Display campaigns.

I am only running Ad Words (Search) and Ad Words (Video) campaigns.

The Source / Medium in the Display channel is all labeled google / cpc so I cannot pinpoint exactly where this traffic is from.

Thanks!

Sachin

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Display Channel traffic from google / cpc with no Display campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sachin,
The AdWords video campaigns, when set to show in-display is what's likely causing this. You can see an explaination here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375464?hl=en

A few other things here to be aware of. First of all, did you ever run a display campaign? The cookie length for AdWords is 30 days so these may show up in your account up to 30 days (in rare cases longer) after your campaign stopped.

Next, it's possible to manually tag campaigns so that traffic appears from ANY source/medium. Have you manually tagged any links or do you exclusively use auto tagging in AdWords?

Anyway, I'd have a look at the video campaign settings to check that InDisplay ads are not running. If they are, there's your culprit.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Display Channel traffic from google / cpc with no Display campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sachin,
The AdWords video campaigns, when set to show in-display is what's likely causing this. You can see an explaination here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375464?hl=en

A few other things here to be aware of. First of all, did you ever run a display campaign? The cookie length for AdWords is 30 days so these may show up in your account up to 30 days (in rare cases longer) after your campaign stopped.

Next, it's possible to manually tag campaigns so that traffic appears from ANY source/medium. Have you manually tagged any links or do you exclusively use auto tagging in AdWords?

Anyway, I'd have a look at the video campaign settings to check that InDisplay ads are not running. If they are, there's your culprit.