AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Display Campaign, lots of clicks but low conversion & high bounce rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I have a display campaign that I have been running since the beginning of the year.

I'm happy with the number of clicks that it is generating.
But it has only generated < 10 conversions 

Also it has a high bounce rate from statis in Analytics like 90%

So does that mean that the campaign is kinda useless and I should just stop it?

Landing page isn't overly complicated, simple and marries well with the display ad.

With the same call to action and advertised benefits, etc. 

I was hoping that some of the people that are clicking on the display ad are interested and might come back later to purchase?

Or am I being nieve? Smiley Happy

Thanks for any advice!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display Campaign, lots of clicks but low conversion & high bou

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi loginid,

I personally wouldn't be happy with a significant amount of clicks unless those clicks were generating a return on my investment. Consumer behaviour obviously changes with each product and industry but I definitely wouldn't wait too long for return purchases and definitely suggest using remarketing if you aren't doing so already. 

Are you using managed placements or any other display network targeting? Your bounce rate also sounds high to be honest, would it be possible to see your landing page?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ScottyD..

Thanks for your help with this! :^)

Here's the landing page:

http://www.pureshowers.co.uk/healthy_chemical-free_shower_filter.php

The display ad looks like this :

http://static.pureshowers.co.uk/images/160x600-Skyscraper-Banner-PS-V3.gif

Yeah - I'm concerned about low conversion and bounce rates :^(

I've not implemented remarketing as yet.

Need to read more about it..

Thanks for any advice :^))))

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

(also I'm using managed placements (which do not seem to be generating that many displays / clicks) and also display network targeting)

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I would recommend having a look at your automatic placements to check how relevant they are to your site and what the quality of them is like. To do so go to the Display Network tab, then the Placement sub-tab and expand Automatic Placements. Make sure you have a significant date range and have a look at the placements which are generating you the most clicks (and costing the most money), depending on what you think of them decide on whether they need to be added or excluded to the campaign.

JaybTiger and I were looking at your landing page and both believe it's a little cluttered / busy. I'd suggest removing the AdSense (unless it's bringing in significant value) and possibly swap the social network boxes for smaller badges or buttons instead. With this business I'd imagine the main focus is to sell and eliminating distractions is only going to help this end goal. Also try to make use of call to action phrases in an attempt to encourage your potential customer where to go next, essentially you want to guide them into a sale.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help ScottyD...

I'll definitely try to unclutter the landing page and make it a lot cleaner and add a call to action phrase...

Great advice!