AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Discrepincies between Video Campaign Website Clicks and Pageviews in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am trying to understand why this is happening:

For Dec 20 2012, Adwords is showing 21 website clicks for my video ads. However for the same period Google Anayltics is reporting only 12 pageviews, total. Diving deeper in the page view data it is apparent that the majority of those views are from pages that are not even linked to from my Adwords Campaigns.

My question is, why am I see so many clicks from Adwords but no page views from Analytics?  I have similiar results from other days as well. In fact for the entire time my Video Adwords campaigns have been running i have only 1 referal from youtube.com in all of my Analytics reports, while my total click count for the Video Adwords campaigns is in the high hundreds.

Thanks for any help or advice.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Discrepincies between Video Campaign Website Clicks and Pageviews in Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Please read this chapter from  Analytics help center that explains it all;

Data Discrepancies Between AdWords and Analytics used on websites

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’