AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy in no. of conversions from Analytics reported in AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

One of my conversion sources is Analytics, and the number of conversions shown in AdWords does not come anywhere close to the number of goal completions for the same time period in Analytics. The number of goal completions is about 1,000, vs. 9 conversions reported. What do these 9 conversions represent?

They can't be events either - there are about 2,000 events.

Thanks. Let me know if my question is unclear.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Discrepancy in no. of conversions from Analytics reported in AdWor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

ideally, The Goal of Analytics should be less than of AdWords conversions.
But in your case. GA Goal is very high, It may be of the following reasons:-

1.) Your AdWords conversion code is placed in different page goal of is defined for other page.

2.) You might be seeing the goals of all source in GA. So check only Goal of AdWords source.

3.) Your AdWords conversions pixel may not be fired correctly all time.

These could be possible reasons for discrepancy between number of goals and conversions.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author onbeta
September 2015

Re: Discrepancy in no. of conversions from Analytics reported in AdWor

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
"2.) You might be seeing the goals of all source in GA. So check only Goal of AdWords source."

Yes, this was the problem. Thanks for the solution.