AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy between campaign clicks and daily budget vs. extensions clicks and budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I placed a campaign yesterday with two ad groups and extensions. I was looking the pacing this morning and noticed that while the campaign's ad spend is on pace. the extensions have exceeded my daily budget and their clicks were not being recorded in the campaign overview. Can anyone explain to me why this discrepancy exists and how I should account for it? Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Discrepancy between campaign clicks and daily budget vs. extensions clicks and budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Annie A,

Your ads with ad extensions can exceed the daily budget by up to 20%.

However, you won't be charged more than your average daily budget multiplied by the average number of days in a month (30.4)

For your reference: Why costs might exceed your average daily budget

To check the details of clicks, impressions, conversions & other stats associated with the ad extensions(clickable), go to Segment tab > click type.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’