AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancies between Adwords and Universal Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On Friday we launched a new AdWords campaign, it says on the keyword section that they all fall below the minimum first page bid in our manually set CPC and hence that they have not been bringing in results - however, on Universal Analytics it has been tracking clicks and sessions as a direct result of this Ad campaign. Has anybody experienced this problem before where Analytics is tracking a campaign that is registering zero results in Adwords itself? If so, how did you fix it?

Cheers.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

God I feel stupid now, it was the date range! I assumed it would automatically show the last seven days, forgetting I'd previously set a custom date range. Rookie errors haha, thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

Re: Discrepancies between Adwords and Universal Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

Universal Analytics will only report "clicks" from an AdWords account or accounts to which the Universal Analytics account is linked.

Do you have more than one AdWords account linked to the Universal Analytics account? To find out, in Universal Analytics go to Acquisition > AdWords and if there are multiple linked accounts you will see an Accounts tab (see screenshot below).

Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 5.08.09 AM.png

If there aren't multiple linked accounts, make sure that you're viewing the same date range in both AdWords and Universal Analytics.

I hope that helps!

John

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

God I feel stupid now, it was the date range! I assumed it would automatically show the last seven days, forgetting I'd previously set a custom date range. Rookie errors haha, thank you for your help.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

No worries. We've all made that mistake. Smiley Happy

John