AdWords
784 members online now
784 members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancies: Paid and Organic Data vs Webmaster Tool Search Queries

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since Webmaster Tools offered more detailed Data in its Search Queries option, I supposed this Data and the one of Paid & Organic report would be the same, since the Paid & Organic report takes the information from Webmaster Tools.

However, I discovered big discrepancies between the data of two reports: For the same Keyword I see huge differences between the data offered in both reports: the number of impressions/clicks/ for one same Keyword.

First I thought the problem was the aggregated Data of Adwords, but the data is not always bigger in Adwords than in WMT so it seems this is not the problem.

Does anyone know the reason of this differences between both sources? Any explanation?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Discrepancies: Paid and Organic Data vs Webmaster Tool Search Quer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Did you check this important reference mentioning difference between how Google webmasters tools track the data and how Google Analytics differ in the way it tracks data:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1213138?hl=en

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

What does analytics have to do with the "Paid and Organic Report" from AdWords ?

@Candela J : how big is the difference of traffic for an organic"query" as opposed to what you see for the same query in the WMT for the same time-frame?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

it doesn't follow any rule. The difference is not constant. Also I get much more number of Queries in WMT than in Adwords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
the point is as well that Adwords get the data from Webmastertools, but when comparing things like number of clicks or queries the difference can be a 40%