AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Dimensions Report: Call Extetnsion Data Not Appearing

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I just recently set up call extensions for one of the AdWords accounts that I manage and added in a Google forwarding number to be able to track my calls. When I go to Ad Extensions > View: Call Extensions, I see that my phone number has gotten more than 100+ clicks. However, when I go to Dimensions > View: Call Details, there are no statistics to be shown. 

Anyone have an idea as to why that is? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Angeli V
June 2016

Re: Dimensions Report: Call Extetnsion Data Not Appearing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Angeli,

This means the ad that included the call extension was clicked 100+ times, not the extension itself.

You can add two columns at campaign level to monitor your calls - Phone Impression and Phone Calls.

Does this help?

Ali

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Angeli V
June 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Angeli,

This means the ad that included the call extension was clicked 100+ times, not the extension itself.

You can add two columns at campaign level to monitor your calls - Phone Impression and Phone Calls.

Does this help?

Ali

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ali,

Thanks so much for the response. I was worried for a second that I had done something wrong. Yes this was helpful. Thank you again!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Just adding an important metrics to analyse the call extension clicks in a better way.

Use the segment tab with metrics click type at campaign/adgroup/ads/keywords level to check the number of clicks for headline, sitelinks and click to call separately.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thats brilliant, thanks Archit.

I did what you said and saw that I actually received clicks for Mobile clicks-to-call but then when I checked "Call Data" on dimensions, no information showed up. What does this mean?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Angeli,

the call details metrics within the dimension tab give the details only if any call was made.
In your case user has clicked the call ext. from the ad but did not make any call.

Note: Any call from ads gets completed with 2 steps:
1st is the click from the ad
2nd is dialling that number displayed on the mobile/tablet screen.

So, user clicked it from the ad but not proceeded with 2nd step.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’