AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Dimensions: Conversion category or name reports

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same...I'm not getting any data within the Dimensions report for View: Conversions > Conversion category or Conversion name.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByBpKQKAvTDyS2RzeW5iRmlKdVU

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dimensions: Conversion category or name reports

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ceri,

You need to use "Conversions" column instead of "Converted Clicks", as well as "Conversions" for all calculated metrics. AdWords won't show any click/traffic related metrics in the view that you reference, including "Converted Clicks".

Hope that helps,
Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Jim, you're absolutely correct. Apologies for my naivety.

Since starting this new role I have been solely focused on Converted Clicks, as this metric is a lot more accurate for our conversion tacking models that we employ. This is due to our customers, and the nature of our website, often getting themselves multiple quotations (conversions).

It would be really useful though if AdWords could show both Conversion Types. Not just for myself, but hopefully for others too.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Ceri,

I definitely get what you're saying and believe that AdWords could better clarify why you can't see Converted Clicks in that dimensions view. You can't segment the "Converted clicks" column by conversion name or category, because each ad click can lead to multiple conversions. If you were to segment by conversion name, some converted clicks could be counted more than once, and your segmented converted clicks would add up to more than the total.

One way to get your "Conversions" number to more closely match converted clicks would be to change the Conversions settings so that "Count" is equal to "One".

-Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jim,

Thanks once again for your quick response. I agree with you, that AdWords could better clarify the reasoning for such decisions.

I have also though about adjusting the current Conversion within the account, but historically the business has always used both Conversion types. Although, with an imminent website re-brand and upgrade to come, I'm hoping that I can educate people that we need to focus solely on an agreed set of metrics and particular conversion/attribution model.

Thank you once again.