AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Diiference in Adwords Dashboard to conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had created Search only Ad Campaign Three Days Back (Friday, 8 August 2014) & purposely installed Conversion Tracking Code on Landing Page itself just to test How many Paid Clicks are actually visiting my Site from adwords.

To my Surprise I noticed that less than 90% People are actually visiting my site based on Conversion Data (extracted from Tools Tab). First I thought it may be One of Case but later it continued til date.

Actual conversion is even lesser around 10% of all the total number Paid Clicks with a specific time period (my objective is signing Up that is Thank YOU page after filling up Contact us Form on my Website).

Help me in understanding that my conclusions / observations are actually dead wrong and adwords system is utmost transparent and fair.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nilesh B
September 2015

Re: Diiference in Adwords Dashboard to conversion tracking

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Nilesh,

Thanks for posting! 

If a customer disabled cookies in their web browser before visiting your website, or blocks Google's conversion tracking cookie, the system can't record their conversions - there is no cookie to record the information. In other circumstances a customer may not have actively disabled cookies, but may be using a browser that has third party cookies disabled by default - again there is no cookie to record the information.  It could also be the case that a person went to your website, but left before the full page loaded. In that situation the conversion code may not have had a chance to fire; so a click would be recorded by AdWords, but a conversion might not be. 

I hope this helps! 

Re: Diiference in Adwords Dashboard to conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks RachelM...