AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Differentiating conversion actions of the same type

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I need to track button clicks of two campaigns under one account. The campaigns use the same domain but unique landing pages. (like www.domain.com/landing1 and www.domain.com/landing2). When i create conversion actions, the codes are identical (including conversion label), and when placed on corresponding landing pages, they report under one of the campaigns. Segmenting them always shows under one campaign. How do i differentiate them?  I suspect a unique Conversion Label is needed but how do I achieve that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Addi M,

You won't need two sets of code, assuming you are using auto-tagging or properly formed manual tagging. Conversions will be attributed to the proper campaign, ad group, ad, and keywords.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pete. As I am not using Analytics, I assume auto-tagging is not an option. Where would I find appropriate study material on manual tagging? Adwords Help does not have much.

Thanks again,

Andrey

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Andrey,

Google Analytics (GA) is not required for tracking clicks and conversions. The AdWords UI provides the most data if you use auto-tagging. You can use manual tagging along with auto-tagging to make links fit whatever tracking you are uing instead of GA.

The AdWords conversion code uses a 3rd party cookie that carries the value of the gclid provided with auto-tagging. That value is used to attribute clicks and conversions.

This might be a good place to start with manual tagging: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447?hl=en

or:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6305348?hl=en

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords