AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Different products(campaigns) but single thank you page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have 2 different types of products I'm promoting on Google. Both will lead to different Forms / URL. Upon filling up the form, they would be redirected to a Thank You page (same URL for both).

My agency provided me with a total of 4 snippets , 2 for the forms and the other 2 for the thank you page (as i have 2 conversion ids). But technically, wouldn't i just need one snippet for the thank you page?

Could someone advice. Thank you~!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Jaclyn, 

It depends on whether you want to track different kinds of conversions or not. Each tag is unique because of it's "var google_conversion_label" ID. If you don't care for your two thank you pages to be differentiated then yes, you can use only 1 snippet. If not, i recommend you use both of them. 

Let me know if this has answered your question! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Different products(campaigns) but single thank you page

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Jacyln O

The best would be to have two separate 'thank-you' pages if you want to have product-specific conversion pixels on them. However, the same 'thank-you' page with one conversion pixel combined for both products will serve the purpose. You are right on this.

If you would be adding different conversion pixels on the same page, the reporting may not be accurate. 

Also, if both of your products are being served from one AdWords account only, the conversion IDs would be the same for all conversion pixels. Only the labels will be different.

The best would be to ask your agency to explain as to why they need those pixels? We can discuss things better in that case. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Ratan Jha

Thanks for the insights. My agency did it because it's 2 separate
accounts. But then again, couldn't they use cross - account conversion
tracking? Not sure if Gtm is required for that

Ps: I have a separate issue about implementing Gtm hence as of now we're
trying to work with what we can
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jacyln O
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Jacyln O,

Yes, Cross-Account Conversion would be best suited if both the accounts are linked to the same Manager Account. And yes, you can set it up without GTM.

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Ratan-Jha

Thanks for this info. My agency has two separate mcc accounts hence we couldn't do a conversion pixel tracking. Hence we have no choice but to go for 2 different snippets on the thank you page. Thanks for this and I learn smth new today! Smiley Happy 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Joshua R thanks for the reply. we had those pixels to track the successful submission of a form. But because my agency tracks it in 2 separate MCC . . We got to use 2 snippets for this Smiley Sad

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

@Jacyln O

Yes, sounds complicated, you could theoretically track conversions through Analytics and then connect both accounts to the Analytics account a singular conversion setup but that may not be worth the effort, plus there are some disadvantages to Analytics conversion tracking - mainly the attribution models available to you. 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Joshua R Unfortunately, this company is not using Google Analytics as well but another software for this Smiley Happy