AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Different number of transactions in conversions vs actual search terms data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I see that for example for some day I have let's say 22 conversions with 5xxx conversion value, however when I go to search terms (which also states 22 conversion in total in summary) I see only 20 actual search terms, where each one of them has 1 conversion with value, so basically I'm missing two more search terms to make in total 22 conversion, for other days picture is the same. I'm wondering if there are not enough search terms for x missing conversions, where conversion are coming from?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June

Re: Different number of transactions in conversions vs actual search terms data

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

Not all the search terms that led to clicks and conversions will show up in a search term report. The primary reasons are that these search terms did not have significant search volume or they contained information that was personal/private. Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about this. Not having the search terms for 2 of 22 conversions is a normal amount to be missing.

Hope that explanation helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Different number of transactions in conversions vs actual search terms data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much Jim, makes sense now