AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Different conversion goals for different campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a Google Analytics account with multiple goals relating to different product lines.  We also have an Adwords Account with different campaigns for the different product lines.  We want to use CPA bidding which uses conversion data, we would like to use the Analytics goals for this.  We can do that by import goals but we would like to use different goals for conversions for different campaigns is that possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Different conversion goals for different campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Interactive I, welcome to the Community.

I don't think there's any reason you shouldn't do what you want, my only doubt is that I may have mis-understood what it is you want!

If you use AdWords conversion tracking you only need one piece of code and the conversions will automatically be allocated to the relevant Campaigns, so this is really the simplest way.  Analytics Goals are also automatically applied to the relevant Campaign so either way should work.

I would suggest you keep a close eye on your Campaigns after you apply CPA optimisation.  Many people - and my own managed Accounts - have seen a drop in performance when using CPA bid strategies so make sure your results go in the right direction.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Let me clarify he issue.  I have an account with three imported Google Analytic Goals:

1. Open a free site account

2. Open a Share Dealing account

3. Open a Spread Betting account

If I look at my Share Dealing Campaign Report and look at the column Conv. (1-per_click) it is showing conversions to all three goals.  I only want Open a Share Dealing account to be counted for the Share Dealing Campaign.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Interactive, in this situation my first check would be on the Goals themselves.  It sounds to me like they may be triggering incorrectly.  What are the actual goals, are they URL matches, events, or something else?  Are you certain each Goal triggers on a separate, different action.  For example, if they're all the same "thank you for signing up" page then Analytics won't be able to differentiate between them.

The other possibility is that you actually are getting conversions across Campaigns.  I've seen this is client Accounts where a visitor comes in on one Keyword then actually converts with a product that's unrelated to the original click.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Different conversion goals for different campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have slightly different situation, but the same question.

My goals are

1) submit a form (it is a URL of "thankyou" page) - works 24/7

2) phone call duration 60 sec, if call placed within our hours of operations. If it outside hours of operation, it costs nothing even if call duration is over 60 sec.

It makes sense for me to have a phone call conversions from call-only type campaign only during our business hours.

Another campaign (all-features type) generates form submissions 24/7. Apparently, this campaign also generates calls 24/7, and counts them as goals.

In reality I have about 30 calls a day, all counted as conversions by adwords, and only 10 of them are real conversions, because of business hours.

My call extensions are set on schedule, but it does not help.

I guess the questions is more for analytcis - how to count a goal on schedule

Thank you.