AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Different Conversion Label but same conversion ID recording double conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I have a few campaigns setup in a single account for 1 particular website. For example 1st campaign is for English language while the other is for Persian and I've setup 2 different conversion codes on the thank you page for this website. The conversion code ID is the same but the conversion label is different for both of them.

However, the persian campaign is paused so it is not possible to get conversions on this. 

The problem I am encountering is that adwords records double conversions for each sign up. When I see the conversion name under "segment" for a particular adgroup, it shows conversions for both english and persian conversion code. Why is this happening? Do I need to use different accounts to measure these conversions for the same website because the conversion ID is the same? 

How do I stop this from happening? Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aun A
October 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aun,

No!!! Rob is saying you need only conversion code for both Persian and English language as conversion applied to the entire account not per campaign. You don't need have different account.

FYI you can't create different account for same website otherwise your site will be suspended due to Adwords policy violation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Again, the persian campaign is paused so there can possibly be no conversions on this. Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Aun,

Conversions are applied to the entire account, not per campaign. The standard answer is to have just one conversion code on your website. Google will know which campaign / ad group / keyword / ad led to the conversion and assign it appropriately.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for this Rob! So if I need to have different campaigns for the same website, I need to have different accounts and thus different conversion ID's for this?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aun A
October 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aun,

No!!! Rob is saying you need only conversion code for both Persian and English language as conversion applied to the entire account not per campaign. You don't need have different account.

FYI you can't create different account for same website otherwise your site will be suspended due to Adwords policy violation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great, got it. Thanks guys!