AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Difference in Google Call Time

[ Edited ]
MWA
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
MWA
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I'm using Google Adwords CallOnly campaign with Google Call Tracking feature, for that I'm using Twilio's number.
It works like a visitor searches for a keyword on mobile devices, Google shows my Twilio number which I've provided, when a visitor clicks a different number shows up on dialer, this particular number forwards on my twilio number, after that twilio number forwards call to my mobile phone.
After that I'm downloading calls with the help of AWQL

SELECT CampaignId,AdGroupId,AdGroupName,AdGroupStatus,CampaignName,CampaignStatus,CallDuration,CallStartTime,CallEndTime,CallerCountryCallingCode,
CallStatus,CallType,AccountCurrencyCode,AccountDescriptiveName,AccountTimeZoneId,CustomerDescriptiveName,PrimaryCompanyName,Date,DayOfWeek
FROM CALL_METRICS_CALL_DETAILS_REPORT WHERE CampaignStatus IN [ENABLED, PAUSED]

the problem is that, google api is provideing call start time some minutes before the actual time when the call is placed. e.g I'm testing, and making call on let's say 2016-03-16 03:30:00, twilio tells the actual time but google api says 2016-03-16 03:00:00, sometime the difference is around 30 minutes, sometime it is around 45 minutes.

Timezone of Google and Twilio accounts are same, and I'm also considering daylight saving time.

Please help me is it possible or I'm doing wrong something.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Difference in Google Call Time

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi there,

Do you still need help with this issue?

Cassie

MWA
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
MWA
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes. Please help me.
I've also asked this question here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/adwords-api/ERIDEriqJFw

MWA
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
MWA
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I have another issue sometimes number of calls in Google are greater than number of calls in Twilio. They must be same because every call to Google number forwards to Twilio number. Number of call in Twilio should be greater than or at-least equal to number of call in Google.

MWA
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
MWA
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Please help me.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hello,

Thanks for your patience! Since you are using a third-party tracking number in addition to the Google forwarding number, and we do not have access to Twilio's backend system, we will not be able to troubleshoot this issue on our end system. But I can get you started by suggesting some areas to look at for both of your questions:

1. How "fresh" is the data you are looking at when you are reviewing the call details times? Are the call durations correct, based on the tests you've done? I'm curious if perhaps you're looking at same-day data, and the system may update more accurately after the fact.

2. The number of calls counted in Twilio vs. AdWords may be different if you have different settings for what defines a call. AdWords will report a phone call whenever someone clicks "call" following clicking on your call extension; Twilio may require that the call last a certain duration or have other criteria for their reporting.

If you still have trouble, I would recommend contacting Twilio directly and working with their support team to understand how their forwarding numbers work with Google Call Forwarding numbers.

Cassie