AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Difference in Call Count in Adwords and Analytics

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have added ad extension in adwords for call tracking (call extension) also added website call tracking code and also added the event as call tracking for the phone no in my website to count the clicks to phone no. But there is huge difference in website calls from adwords and clicks to call tracking event in analytics...

Can anyone tell me why this difference???? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Difference in Call Count in Adwords and Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nikita,

Beyond the idea that AdWords and Google Analytics have some differences in attribution, which lead to discrepancies from source, you're dealing with multiple sources of traffic when looking at GA alone.

Depending on the event you set up and how you set it up, I would guess that one possible scenario to explain this would be paid vs organic (non-paid) visits.

AdWords specific conversions, no matter what they are, will only be recorded after a click on an ad. An event in GA will be recorded by a visitor from any source.

If you segment your events in GA by source, you should be able to see some of this come to light.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Tommy,

I have checked the traffic source and also the conversion from the source. Please check the below snapshot for details,

Adwords - 

adwords.png

Analytics - 

analytics.png

for both adwords and analytics i have chosen same date range. You can see in adwords there are 49 website calls and in analytics only 3 from paid campaign.  

then where are remaining 43 call clicks details????

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nikita K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

I don't know what your GA event is set up for, if it's for clicks, manually dialed calls are not going to trigger events in GA.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’