AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Difference between converted clicks and conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know the difference between converted clicks and conversions but when it comes to app download campaign i could understand the difference.How could there be conversions ? If the person has downloaded the app thats converted click and there is no question conversions? Some one please explain me in detail.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Difference between converted clicks and conversions

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Santosh,

A conversion does not necessarily mean a sale only. It means many other things like - a form submission, a newsletter sign up, a phone call, an ebook/white-paper download, and yes an app download as well. 

Conversion refers to the fulfilment of goals that you set for your advertising campaigns. For an app campaign, a download is obviously the goal. Hence, every time this goal is achieved, it's a conversion. 

Hope that helps. Do let us know if it doesn't. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Re: Difference between converted clicks and conversions

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Santosh,

Converted clicks are conversions resulting directly from ad clicks. For instance: the first conversion withing 30 days (conversion window) of an ad click is a converted click. Conversions over & above the first one (within 30 days) would be conversions, as they don't result from an ad click.

I'd like to ask here if you've selected auto conversion tracking from Google Play, For your app download campaign, for your app download campaign. If that's the case, it would automatically track all conversions rather than unique ones. More about automatic tracking here.

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar